POST CARDS FROM THE MUSE
By Nandy Ekle
The muse is traveling again. I’ve gotten several post cards that I will share with you, my readers.
- What if . . . you go inside your computer and live invisibly?
- What happens if . . . the clouds in the sky begin to spell out words, and those words begin to read like a message?
- What if . . . a young woman is the maid of honor at her best friend’s wedding, and she and the groom have been having a secret affair for a year?
- How about a family of serial killers?
- The girl behind the counter at the convenience store. She sits on a stool chewing a wad of gum and reading a romance book. She has a little bruise on her shoulder. What do we know about her?
- You look down at the carpet while praying at church and you see a skull in the knap. When you come back later, it’s gone.
- A spooky old house, a favorite book, and all the paper and pens in the world.
- You go see your doctor. He brings into his office and tells you that you have cancer.
- Driving to work one morning, you are rear-ended.
10. You are visiting a dear friend and he looks up into your eyes and says . . . what?
Congratulations. You have just received a post card from the muse.