POST CARDS FROM THE MUSE
Quoting the Masters II
By Nandy Ekle
I like to read quotes by authors who know what they’re talking about. I find a lot of inspiration, instruction, wisdom, truth, and humor.
Here’s a few I’ve picked out from other sites on line to share with you.
1, Every first draft is perfect because all a first draft has to do is exist. — Jane Smiley
2. You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page. — Jodi Picoult
3. Fill your paper with the breathing of your heart. — William Wordsworth
4. You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will. — Stephen King
5. A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit. — Richard Bach
6. I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it. — Toni Morrison
7. If you want to be a writer, write. Write and write and write. If you stop, start again. Save everything that you write. If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Writing is what makes a writer, nothing more and nothing less. — Anne Rice
8. Write like it matters, and it will. — Libba Bray
9. Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on. — Louis L’Amour
10. It is a delicious thing to write, to be no longer yourself but to move in an entire universe of your own creating. — Gustave Flaubert
Congratulations. You have just received a post card from the muse.