Snowflake Method (Summarized)
by Adam Huddleston
For my last blog concerning plots, I wanted to summarize the Snowflake method created by Randy Ingermanson.
1. Write a one-line summary of your entire story
2. Expand your one-line summary into a paragraph
3. Write a one-page summary for each major character
4. Expand each sentence of your one-line summary into a full paragraph (about one page)
5. Expand your one-page plot summary into a four-page synopsis
6. Continue expanding major and minor character descriptions
7. Continue expanding your synopsis by creating individual scenes (a program such as Excel will help)
I hope this helps in your writing!